This article is part of an Essential Guide, our editor-selected collection of our best articles, videos and other content on this topic. Explore more in this guide:
6. - Glossary of mobile BI terms: Read more in this section
- business intelligence (BI)
- mobile business intelligence
- business intelligence competency center (BICC)
Explore other sections in this guide:
- 1. - Corporate mobile business intelligence trends
- 2. - High profile companies implementing mobile BI
- 3. - Best-practices advice for implementing a mobile BI strategy
Enterprise mobility is the trend toward a shift in work habits, with more employees working out of the office and using mobile devices and cloud services to perform business tasks.
The term refers not only to mobile workers and mobile devices, but also to the mobility of corporate data. An employee may upload a corporate presentation from his or her desktop PC to a cloud storage service, then access it from a personal iPad to show at a client site, for example.
Enterprise mobility can improve employee productivity, but it also creates security risks. Enterprise mobility management products, such as data loss prevention technologies, are available to help IT departments address these risks. A strong acceptable use policy for employees can also contribute to a successful enterprise mobility strategy.