This article is part of an Essential Guide, our editor-selected collection of our best articles, videos and other content on this topic. Explore more in this guide:
5. - Glossary: Read more in this section
Explore other sections in this guide:
A consumerization policy is a documented set of practices for managing the use of consumer devices and technologies within a given organization. A consumerization policy defines acceptable use.
A consumerization policy should specify:
- What devices will be permitted and list any restrictions associated with their use.
- The extent to which administrators will be able to manage devices and monitor their use while on the corporate network.
- What – if any – funding for devices will be provided by the organization.
- The extent of support for consumer devices.
- Basic security awareness fundamentals.