Looking for something else?
Designed for use with Apple’s multi-touch devices, iOS supports input through direct manipulation. The system responds to various user gestures, such as pinching, tapping and swiping.
Other iOS features include:
- Integrated search support enables simultaneous search through files, media, applications and email.
- Gesture recognition supports, for example, shaking the device to undo the most recent action.
- Google Maps direction services.
- Push email.
- Safari mobile browser.
- Integrated camera and video.
- Integrated media player.
- Direct access to the Apple Store’s catalogue of applications, music, podcasts, television shows and movies.
- Compatibility with Apple’s cloud service, iCloud.
On October 12, 2011, Apple released iOS 5, which expanded the number of available applications to over 500,000.