To keep track of smartphones and tablets entering the enterprise, IT administrators need a mobile device management strategy. Admins must assess which devices are being used, pick the best software for managing their environments, be prepared to integrate various systems and get ready for continuing changes in technology and BYOD programs.
About the AuthorLisa Phifer - Owner
Lisa Phifer, owner of Core Competence, is an expert on ... Read More
Chapters Available For Free Access
To keep track of smartphones and tablets entering the enterprise, IT administrators need a mobile device management strategy. Admins must assess ...
Once an organization has assessed its needs and what devices workers are using, IT will need to evaluate the basic features of mobile device ...
Even after an organization chooses a mobile device management product, an admin’s work isn’t done. MDM software must monitor diverse devices and ...
Tips and Tutorials
- Mobile World Congress 2014: Smartphones, tablets, mobility, more
- As the market shrinks, get the skinny on EMM tools and vendors
- Can Samsung Knox security make devices safe enough for Fort Knox?
- Delivering mobile apps through enterprise app stores and private clouds
- App delivery techniques: Virtualization and Web-based apps
- BlackBerry enterprise devices, service in works with Q20 phone, BES 12
- Samsung Knox EMM to manage Android and iOS
- Good Technology buys BoxTone as EMM market shifts to bigger vendors
- Upcoming Samsung Knox MAM updates to challenge BlackBerry
- VMware EUC strategy on track, but desktop legacy could derail it
More Premium Content Accessible For Free
Before an organization can formulate a bring your own device policy, it needs to know what workers are using to access corporate networks, ...
The number and types of devices touching the enterprise continue to proliferate, so a mobility assessment is the first step in preparing a ...
Just as mobile device management deals with the proliferation of laptops, smartphones and tablets in the enterprise, mobile application management is...