Consumerization trends are having a massive effect on enterprise IT. As end users turn to easy-to use, cloud-based services such as Dropbox and Gmail, which are out of IT's control, they are putting pressure on corporate IT to provide more flexible and user-friendly applications while maintaining security. Consumer-focused apps and services can offer productivity benefits; they also pose significant challenges and risks for companies that do not have strong data policies. In this series, we delve into data loss prevention and usage polices that can lead to a solid corporate plan. We also explore some of the most popular consumer cloud applications that have entered the enterprise.
Chapters Available For Free Access
Privacy regulations and concerns about leaks of sensitive information have raised the priority of data loss prevention as enterprises adopt cloud and...
Cloud services are still a lawless frontier for many organizations. As with the consumerization of IT, companies need to first determine what is best...
New cloud-based services offer serious conveniences for users and potential pluses for corporate IT. These services -- including Amazon Simple ...
As users store increasing amounts of data to the cloud, enterprise IT must develop strong policies and procedures for guaranteeing access and ...
Tips and Tutorials
- Pros and cons of using secure containers for mobile device security
- Walking the line between enterprise security and consumer freedom
- Getting upper management involved in your BYOD program
- Mobility management market consolidation: A timeline of EMM vendors' deals
- Mobile World Congress 2014: Smartphones, tablets, mobility, more
- AirWatch CEO addresses IT concerns, discloses VMware EUC plans
- IT shops get Microsoft EMM suite, Office for iPad – with a catch
- After AirWatch-VMware deal, customers are in product support limbo
- BlackBerry enterprise devices, service in works with Q20 phone, BES 12
- Samsung Knox EMM to manage Android and iOS
More Premium Content Accessible For Free
Before an organization can formulate a bring your own device policy, it needs to know what workers are using to access corporate networks, ...
The number and types of devices touching the enterprise continue to proliferate, so a mobility assessment is the first step in preparing a ...
Just as mobile device management deals with the proliferation of laptops, smartphones and tablets in the enterprise, mobile application management is...