Eric Beehler has been working in the IT industry since the mid-90s and was playing with computer technology well before that. From help desk technician to solutions provider, he has been involved at many layers of enterprise technology, from the desktop to the network to the server and the SAN.
Eric has certifications from CompTIA (A+, N+, Server+) and Microsoft (MCITP: Enterprise Support Technician and Consumer Support Technician, MCTS: Windows Vista Configuration, MCDBA SQL Server 2000, MCSE+I Windows NT 4.0, MCSE Windows 2000, and MCSE Windows 2003). He also holds a master’s degree in business administration from the University of Colorado at Colorado Springs.
His experience includes more than nine years with Hewlett-Packard’s managed services division, working with Fortune 500 companies on network and server implementations and, most recently, working in the insurance industry on highly available infrastructure and disaster recovery. Eric has co-authored books, including MCITP: Microsoft Windows Vista Desktop Support Enterprise Study Guide from Sybex/Wiley Publishing and authored several white papers.
Do you have a question for our experts?
Contributions from Eric Beehler
- Box's security features ease some cloud concerns
- How to manage mobility in a changing market
- Advanced features emerge as enterprise MDM evolves
- Secure app delivery is not a lost cause in the BYOD age
- Dropbox vs. Google Drive: Which is better for business?
- Top five mobile app vulnerabilities
- Mobile collaboration: A whole new world
- Does Microsoft Windows RT fit in the enterprise?
- SaaS management with VMware Horizon App Manager
- Top 6 iOS 6 features IT should keep an eye on
- Mobile OS fragmentation: More OSes, more problems
- BlackBerry operating system: Worth IT’s trouble?
- How do Windows Phone 7 features stack up?
- Windows Phone 7 features: What IT can and can’t do