Lisa Phifer owns Core Competence Inc., a consulting firm specializing in business use of emerging Internet technologies. She has been involved in the design, implementation and evaluation of networking, security and management products for nearly 30 years. Since joining Core Competence in 1995, Lisa has provided consulting services to hundreds of firms, including wireless carriers, network and wireless equipment suppliers, management platform vendors, firewall/VPN and wireless intrusion prevention vendors, managed security service providers, endpoint security software vendors, large enterprises and small businesses. She is a recognized industry expert on wireless security, mobile device security and VPNs.
Lisa has written extensively about safe networking requirements, technologies and best practices for many publications and is a sought-after speaker at industry events such as Interop and InfoSecWorld. She received her MS in Computer Science from Villanova University and resides with her family in Chester Springs, Pa.
Do you have a question for our experts?
Contributions from Lisa Phifer
- Configuring iPads for business use
- Top five mobile security concerns with consumerization
- Configuring CA certificates for iPad and iPhone
- How to integrate MDM tools with your data and apps
- Integrating and managing MDM products
- Using a security strategy to protect corporate networks
- Using BYOD to improve business productivity
- Advanced mobile device management software features
- What to look for in MDM tools
- Top 10 personal device pitfalls
- Eight ways to improve mobile data security
- Using mobile application security to protect data
- How mobile device encryption protects sensitive data
- Mobile device management checklist
- Taking a look at Apple's Volume Purchasing Program
- How mobile operating systems stack up
- How to protect mobile data with remote wipe
- SAFE-certified devices make Android work for IT
- MDM plus MAM tools equals a one-two BYOD punch
- How to improve Google Drive security